Position Expires: September 24, 2017
Purpose of Job
The Recruiter is the first point of contact between the City of Atlanta and potential employees, representing the value proposition of the City as an employer of choice. As part of the Center of Expertise for Talent Acquisition, the Recruiter takes initiative to deliver top-quality candidates under tight deadlines. Responsible for candidate relationship management, building strong relationships with hiring managers and HR business partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Completes the full cycle recruitment process, including the development and execution of searches for classified and unclassified positions for recruitment loads of 25+ searches.
- Collaborates with HR partners and hiring managers in defining parameters of searches, sources candidates using a variety of techniques, assesses candidates in line with defined job profiles and creates final registers.
- Contacts and interviews qualified candidates for available positions while adhering to applicable state and federal laws and City of Atlanta code; articulates strengths and limitations of applicants to hiring managers; provides regular process updates.
- Responsible for maintenance of records in the City’s applicant tracking system for assigned searches.
- Solicits feedback on candidates and refines recruiting strategy as needed; maintains high levels of communications with the hiring manager(s) and understands the skill sets requested.
- Builds a diverse pipeline of potential candidates by proactively networking through social media and other organizations.
- Delivers a positive and efficient candidate experience by demonstrating effective communication skills and providing candidates with accurate, complete information and timely feedback.
- Works with HR partners and hiring managers to finalize selection, make offers, collect new-hire data, coordinate pre-employment physicals, background checks and drug screens; contributes to on-boarding process as required
- Participates in career fairs, job events, open houses as needed.
- Must be able to operate in both tactical and strategic environments.
Knowledge of Job
- Advanced knowledge of screening and interviewing techniques for exempt and non-exempt level candidates
- Advanced knowledge of sourcing, recruitment and selection techniques including the use of social media technology
- Advanced knowledge of behavioral interviewing skills and competency-based selection
- Thorough knowledge of relevant governmental/regulatory requirements (EEO, ADA, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication skills
- Excellent PC skills, including knowledge of ATS and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to organize multiple activities which require close attention to detail
- College/Campus Recruiting Experience
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field is required (a combination of education and experience may be considered on an exception basis)
At least 3 years of recruiting experience, specifically including full-cycle hiring in a high-volume environment under stringent deadlines is required. Five years of experience is preferred.
At least two years of experience using recruiting technology, applicant tracking system required.
Ability to EFFECTIVELY multitask
Previous experience using Taleo Business Edition/Taleo Enterprise Edition.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
The majority of the work is first shift, however you must be flexible to work evenings and weekends when recruiting events dictate.
Must be flexible to recruit for any departments within the City of Atlanta.
Must meet City background investigation requirements.