Cost Engineer with experience in infrastructure projects and construction cost estimating. Able to work in a team environment and support senior estimators and project staff providing quantity take-offs, cost estimates, financial analysis and other cost support as a key member of Project Teams. Talented at working with key stakeholder groups to gain an understanding of project requirements. Able to support Project Team in monitoring, preparing, and reporting capital costs in monthly forecasts, cash flows, and estimates at completion of a project.
Candidates will be working under direction of a Senior Cost Engineer, preparing total construction cost estimates at different stages of project design, from preliminary through final design document development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Qualified candidate will be responsible for supporting the full integration of scope, schedule, costs, risk, and resources; establishing engineer estimates for construction of large-scale projects
- Candidate will be expected to meet all required deadlines for the project. Additionally, candidate may be asked to be on value engineering studies as a team member and assist with developing cost information for VE alternatives.
- BS in engineering or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience
- 3 years’ experience estimating infrastructure projects specifically
- Water/Wastewater treatment plant, pump station, and pipeline work.
- Certifications: CCP,CEP, ASPE,Nationally Accredited certification or ability to obtain certification within time periods specified by AACEIor ASPE is a Plus
- Local estimating experience in the southeast Is preferred.
- Proficient with all CSIDivisions
- Proficient with estimating software including Timberline, SUCCESS, and Excel
- Able to read, understand and interpret drawings, contract specifications and other technical documents used in water/ wastewater and pipeline sector.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities including project managers, customers, clients, subcontractor and staff
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated and goal-oriented, quick, sharp, confident, assertive