Avondale Estates Police Department – Police Officer Positions Open
The Avondale Estates Police Department is actively seeking applicants who have a desire to become public servants and want to serve the Avondale Estates community as a Police Officer.
The minimum qualifications for an individual to be considered for employment as a Police Officer with the Department include:
- Must be twenty-one years of age.
- Never having been convicted of a felony crime.
- Possess a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
- Georgia P.O.S.T. Certified as a Peace Officer
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License and good driving record.
- U.S. Citizen who is physically and mentally able to perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Pass a detailed background investigation.
If an applicant meets the minimum requirements they may be asked to continue a process that includes:
- An interview process
- A written exam (mathematics, spelling, grammar and reading)
- Medical Examination
- Drug Screen
- Psychological Evaluation
If you are interested in becoming a member of the AEPD and a vital part of the community, contact the AEPD to make arrangements to pick-up an application or download it here.
Completed applications can be emailed to Chief Thomas, hand-delivered or mailed to City Hall, 21 North Avondale Plaza, Avondale Estates. Please provide the application and authorizations forms only and without copies of certifications or other personal documentation. These will be collected during the hiring process. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. AEPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin or age